- poor housing
- low income levels
- few role models of people in stable work
- limited aspirations educationally and in career choices
- direct and indirect discrimination.
What is Enable doing about it?
- support them in gaining skills and qualifications
- improve their literacy and numeracy
- tackle issues that impact upon them
- help them to start and progress in jobs
For those aged 14-16 the aim is to improve their qualifications and behaviour keeping them in school. For those aged 16 and over the aim is to give them the skills and support they need to move into purposeful education, employment or training. This includes the delivery of Apprenticeships, with young people training and working in the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS).
Learning Provider Consortium
- The Nottingham City Council 14 -19 board
- The Nottinghamshire partnership board - Children, Families & Cultural Services
- The Nottinghamshire Foundation Learning, Employment, Employment and Training (FLEET) group