Enable is the Voluntary and Community Sector Learning and Skills Consortium serving the East Midlands.
We enable the Voluntary and Community Sector to support the sustainable economic development of their communities through services that address local learning, skills and employment needs.
Our aims are to:
- To promote and facilitate information sharing, consultation and partnership development regarding learning, skills and employment with and within the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- To provide high quality, integrated employment and skills programmes through a consortium of Voluntary and Community Sector providers.
- To promote, stimulate and facilitate informal learning that enriches the lives of individuals and communities.
- To meet the capacity building and Continuing Professional Development needs of Voluntary and Community Sector learning and skills providers.
- To meet the Workforce Development needs within the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- To ensure there is effective and sustainable infrastructure support for learning and skills within the Voluntary and Community Sector.
To achieve this we aim to be:
- A managing agency for the delivery of learning by Voluntary and Community Sector organisations unable to contract independently.
- A development agency for Voluntary and Community Sector learning providers.
Enable has achieved the Investors in People Standard.
Enable has been awarded the Matrix quality standard for the information and advice it offers to its member organisations about learning and work. The Matrix standard is the national quality standard for any organisation that delivers information, advice and/or guidance on learning and work. See: www.matrixstandard.com