Headline details of Enable's aims and objectives for 2010-2013.
These headlines will be broken down into more detailed actions in the near future.
Aim1: To ensure there is effective and sustainable infrastructure support for learning and skills within the Voluntary and Community Sector
- To ensure members' needs are identified and met.
- To enable local Voluntary and Community Sector organisations to respond to regional and national structures.
- To successfully promote the brand.
- To secure resources to ensure Enable is effective and sustainable.
- To ensure the organisation has an appropriate management structure and develops the skills of its workforce.
- Ensure all Enable services are of the highest quality
Aim 2: To promote and facilitate information sharing, consultation and partnership development regarding learning, skills and employment with and within the Voluntary and Community Sector
- To ensure the Voluntary and Community Sector is effectively represented within all relevant local, regional, and where appropriate national, strategic and planning partnerships.
- To facilitate partnership working and information sharing within the Voluntary and Community Sector and with other relevant bodies and organisations.
- To enable Voluntary and Community Sector organisations to access relevant up to date information and advice.
Aim 3: To provide high quality, integrated employment and skills programmes through a consortium of Voluntary and Community Sector providers.
- To ensure all learners access quality assured Information & Advice about learning and work.
- To enable Voluntary and Community Sector providers to deliver community based learning and skills programmes that engage â€˜hard to reach' groups and enable them to develop the skills required by the labour market.
- To provide community based programmes that enable those furthest from the labour market to improve their employability and secure employment.
- To enable Voluntary and Community Sector providers to distinctly contribute to the raising of participation and achievement of the young people aged 14-19 in their community.
Aim 4: To promote, stimulate and facilitate informal learning that enriches the lives of individuals and communities.
- To promote and stimulate informal learning in the community.
- Facilitate the delivery of informal learning through a Consortium of Voluntary and Community Sector providers.
Aim 5: To meet the capacity building and continuing professional development needs of Voluntary and Community Sector learning and skills providers
- To support organisations to implement the quality assurance systems required by learning providers.
- To enable workers within Voluntary and Community Sector learning providers to access professional development support and relevant qualifications.
- To support organisations to provide accredited learning opportunities including QCF approved qualifications and frameworks.
- To ensure voluntary and community sector organisations are provided with support to access relevant funding opportunities.
Aim 6: To meet the Workforce Development needs within the Voluntary and Community Sector
- To promote Workforce Development in the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- To co-ordinate the provision of Voluntary and Community Sector workforce development opportunities